Welcoming customers back with stringent safety protocols
The L’OCCITANE Group is carefully preparing to reopen its retail network. Across the globe, some 400 owned stores have gradually reopened over the past few weeks. The Group is putting in place stringent safety measures, focusing on a 100% contactless customer journey to maintain the highest possible levels of safety for its staff and customers, while continuing to provide fresh and memorable shopping experiences.
The L’OCCITANE Group’s number-one priority is its employees’ and customers’ health and safety, while also helping to protect society at large. Adapting to the changing environment and new customer behaviours, the Group is taking steps, including training its staff in new hygiene policies, to reopen its stores in the safest way possible. These practices include but are not limited to the following:
- Employees are required to check their temperature before coming to work and to wear face masks on site.
- Hand sanitiser is available at the store entrance and at the checkout.
Where facilities allow, L’OCCITANE stores also offer free handwashing.
- Safe distancing of at least 1.5 metres will be maintained by limiting customer numbers in stores and using floor signage to create safe in-store circulation.
- There will be increased cleaning of stores throughout the day, with specific attention to high-touch surfaces such as door handles, work surfaces and equipment, as well as disinfecting cash registers before and after each use and keeping the front door open where possible.
- A no-touch policy will apply in store: no baskets, encouraging contactless payment and testers available upon request only, with a stringent no-contact product demonstration and testing policy.
These measures will be adapted to guidance from each country’s government and health officials, and to local culture and sensitivities.
Furthermore, the Group is rolling out specific protocols for its spas to maintain the highest possible levels of safety for its therapists and guests during treatments.