The Environment and Production
Every day, we strive to reconcile industrial activity with respect for the environment by controlling our water and energy consumption on production sites, by improving management of effluents (waste water) and waste, and by structuring our environmental practices through the ISO 14001 approach.
A number of concrete actions have been taken, such as:
Optimizing Logistics Flows
- creating an eco-factory at our production site in the Ardèche,
- involving in a ISO 14001 approach, with the certification of our head office in Geneva, our production sites, our site in Paris and our company-owned L'OCCITANE and Melvita stores in France.
- strengthening the Green Transport Plans for the industrial and administrative sites, to encourage more employees to use carpooling and company-financed collective transport, as a way to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions.
Since 2010, there has been an overall evaluation of ways to simplify our logistics flows. We are focusing our efforts on reducing CO2 emissions generated by freight by taking concrete actions, such as using combined road-rail transport and electric delivery trucks to deliver products to stores.
- A new export platform has been built in Manosque, enabling us to minimize the carbon footprint of the entire supply chain. This platform has been awarded the HEQ (High Environmental Quality) label.
- An internal validation process, to curb the use of air freight, has been implemented.
- The logistics hub in northern France, from where goods are transported to the entire Europe zone, is now linked to the Manosque factory by combined road-rail transport.